Tuesday 7 February 2012

Placement schools announced!

The much anticipated list of our placement schools was put up on the noticeboard on Friday! Thankfully I've been lucky again, only got about 45mins to travel (thank goodness, all the other parents out there will agree that it is incredibly difficult to get out the door for 7.45 in the morning!). Can't wait to get back into school, although I'm not looking forward to the stress of the dreaded SEF again!

Got lower primary this time too. I thought it would be interesting to see the progression and transition between nursery and lower primary. Think I might be a bit panicky if I get P1 though! Only had P3-5 before! Never mind, will need to jump in the deep end some time I guess!

I'm also starting to get what I've now named 'pre-probation-panic'! Worried about lack of jobs, being stuck on temporary contracts and what that means for our finances, long-term plans etc (oh dear, I sound so old!). But that's not a very cheery subject so I think that's all I'll say on the matter! But if anyone wants to offer me a job ...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if this will calm your fears or not, but the government has asked us to increase the numbers we train over the next few years to meet an expected demand for teachers. The consensus of opinion seems to be that more jobs for teachers are appearing and that things should be much better by the time you finish Probation.

    ReplyDelete